2021 is right around the corner. And given the kind of year 2020 has been, starting with an honest confession seems like a good way to begin the new year. Before you say anything, the honest confession is about Ghee and its importance in Indian households. From the melted, dripping drops from our Paranthas to the one thing that makes our food better and healthier; Ghee is an inevitable part of our Indian-ness. But, if you remember the good ol days, you’d know Ghee is used in more ways than one can explain.
Ghee is one important ingredient found on the shelves of Indian households which not only makes your food better, but also gives your skin a glowing shine. Amazed? Don’t be. Not until you hear it all.
Desi ghee or cow’s pure ghee is often referred to as the golden elixir because of its healing properties. Be it health, hair or the skin; Ghee is the most natural solution to almost all problems. Ghee has anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties which contribute to a healthy immune and digestive system. Ghee is also a rich source of Omega 3 and Omega 9 essential fatty acids along with vitamins A, D, E and K. If applied on the skin on a regular basis, ghee can yield your skin in ways you wouldn’t have imagined. Let’s take a look at the benefits of applying ghee on your face.
Benefits of ghee for the skin
- The imbalance in one’s doshas is believed to be the root cause of any problem in the body be it hair, skin or overall health. Ghee, if utilized correctly, can balance all the doshas in the body to keep your skin healthy and glowing for ages.
- Regular application of ghee is also known to help in improving one’s skin tone.
- The soluble fatty acids in ghee are highly absorbent and can moisturize your skin overnight.
- Ghee penetrates through the seven layers of the skin and nourishes the damaged skin cells to heal your skin from within. It repairs all seven layers of your skin and restores its natural glow along with making your skin softer.
- Ghee is believed to possess anti-ageing properties. Overnight application of ghee on your face regularly can keep your skin youthful for a long time.
Ghee is also a good alternative to the commercial cold creams we all use. Though, you don’t have to apply ghee directly unless you want to. You can use natural skin creams like Alyuva’s skin care range which consists of Shata Dhuata Ghrita – 100 times clarified butter.
If you want to read about the skin benefits of Ghee or want to understand Shata Dhuata Ghrita in detail, visit our Shata Dhuata Ghrita page.