After a long wait, the monsoon is finally here. Days have turned gloomy, the scorching summer is miles behind, the roads are flooded, and the humidity level is off the roof. Do you understand what this means for your skin? Days and days of suffering, unless you act now and add on the much-needed changes in your skincare regime. Yeah, making a few changes, adding a few essential naturals, skincare products can help your skin fight the negative effects of monsoon.
Now, you can wander around the internet, visit any website and add any product you feel is worth it to your cart. While you are planning to do so, we would suggest you take a look at our skincare range. Made from all-natural, herbal ingredients, without a slight trace of harmful chemicals, the Alyuva skincare range can be just what you need.
Moving on, since it’s monsoon, we suggest checking the label of the products you buy to ensure that the following ingredients are there.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera (a common ingredient across all Alyuva skincare products) has water-dense properties i.e. it acts as a natural hydrator, protecting your skin from dehydration. The added advantage of having aloe vera in your skincare products is, while it protects your skin from dehydration, it does so without packing in the greasy element that you might find in normal creams and moisturisers. Additionally, the presence of antioxidants and vitamins helps aloe vera minimize clogged pores.
- Tea tree oil: The rainy season often brings with it several skin-damaging bacterias and viruses. Thus, your monsoon skincare regime must have tea tree oil. One of nature’s best-kept secrets, tea tree oil contains antibacterial properties and can help in treating skin infections. It further helps reduce acne and scars.
- Chamomile: Much like tea tree oil, chamomile has antibacterial properties. It can play a pivotal role in treating various skin related infections that become common amidst monsoon. The ingredient possesses several antioxidants in abundance, which makes it effective in removing harmful free radicals from your skin. The herb further provides relief from allergic conditions like psoriasis, eczema, acne, sunburn, rosacea, etc.
- Clarified Butter (Shata Dhauta Ghrita): We’ve been saying this time and again, but to reiterate, Shata Dhauta Ghrita is one of the best-kept secrets of Ayurveda, and has the answer to all our skincare woes, be it summer, winter or monsoon. Shata Dhauta Ghrita comes with anti-inflammatory properties that help in maintaining the skin to the core. It further has several Vitamins, including Vitamin A, D, E and K, which penetrate through the seven layers and carry the formulation deep inside your skin, helping rebuild dermal tissue supporting skin healing from within. The presence of Shata Dhauta Ghrita in any skincare product makes it an anti-inflammatory skin solution & a beautifying skin agent, making your skin silky smooth and wrinkle-free.
- Keep an SPF 30+ sunscreen lotion handy: We’ve said it repeatedly, sunscreen lotion is a must in all seasons. Thus, keep a natural sunscreen lotion with SPF 30+ (for better protection against the sun) handy, even in monsoon.
Summing up, switch to a natural skincare regime to help your skin protect itself naturally, as nature intended.