“A solid routine should be applicable to all seasons and all climates,” says Omer Ibrahim, a board-certified dermatologist and co-director of clinical research at Chicago Cosmetic Surgery and Dermatology.
Your skin sheds dead skin cells almost every day; inviting new pores and pimples, enhancing pigmentation and even wrinkles. Besides that, during summers, we tend to sweat a lot, causing damage to our skin. However, following a certain skin care routine may help in minimizing these damages and limit the impact of summer on your skin, allowing your skin to glow, and most importantly breathe.
Yes, your skin needs to breathe in order to stay its best. So, are you ready to change your lifestyle and give some attention to your skin? Follow these simple steps and give your skin the love it deserves.
- Deep Cleansing: Two things you cannot avoid in summers – sweat and oil. This is the reason why you must cleanse your face from time to time. The heat produces extra oil, which gets deposited on your skin, causing pimples and acne. Sweat only adds up to it and makes your skin feel uncomfortable. Wash your face at least two times a day with a foaming face wash to avoid such problems.
- Exfoliation: Summers can also cause your skin to break and make it dry and dull. This is why it is important to exfoliate your skin gently with a natural skin scrub. You can also use home-based scrubs made out of coffee (Coffee is one of the best ways to get rid of dead skin) or gram flour.
- Toning: Using a toner will open up pores and remove the extra oil from your face. Infusing toners such as rose water with fresh and natural aloe vera gel will refresh your skin. This process is a must, as it allows your skin to breathe.
- Moisturizing: In summers, one must moisturize their skin to keep it hydrated. However, using a heavy moisturiser can deposit more oil to your skin. One must use a light moisturiser for better results which will not cause any damage to your skin.
These are the four basic steps to keep in mind before you start your summer skin care routine. Below are some additional tips for you to follow in the summer.
- Drink at least 3 litres of water every day for radiant skin
- Wash your face more frequently
- Use only light make up
- User water-based skin products and avoid oil-based products
- Use a sunscreen with an SPF 30 or more
- Protect your eyes by wearing sunglasses
- Ensure soft & supple lips with regular application of Alyuva Natural Lip Balms
- Repair cracked or damaged heels with Alyuva Foot Cream.
- Scrub and apply sunscreen
- Wear breathable fabrics like cotton to protect your skin from rashes
- Invest in vitamin C face serum to prevent hyperpigmentation
Your skin changes every season and nobody knows what is best for your skin, but you. Following a skincare regime, be it any season, is one of the best favours you can do for your skin. And if you are new to this, following these simple tips can make your summers worry free, keeping your skin protected at all times.