When the mercury level rises, sweat becomes your worst enemy. Mostly because it invites a plethora of skin problems that no one wants to deal with: unwanted acne, oily skin, irritated skin, dry skin, heat rash, heat allergies, and so much more.
Now, most people wait for the season to pass by, ignoring these problems completely without realising how badly this exposure to rising temperature is affecting their skin. Thus, a much-needed change in the skin care regime is recommended, not just by us, but also experienced dermatologists. This blog talks about some of the important changes in skin care for the summer.
- Remember SPF: Summers or not, you cannot leave your house without applying sunscreen first. It is a big no-no. Exposure to the sun can be very harmful to your body. These UV radiations from the sun can cause permanent damage to your skin, cause wrinkles, premature ageing, and even skin cancer. Therefore, sun protection for your face, neck, hands, legs is vital and cannot be ignored. Invest in a good sunscreen with at least SPF 30 and a broad UV spectrum.
- New Face Wash: Cleansing your face at least twice in summer is one of the primary steps to any effective skincare routine. But, do you know which face wash is the best for your skin? In summers, the temperature levels are at the top and it gets a bit humid too, causing your T-zone to produce even more oil. This is why you must change your face wash at regular intervals. If your skin tends to be oilier, using a face wash containing salicylic acid can help. Similarly, a non-soapy face wash for combination and dry skin – and a gel-based face wash for regular skin is recommended.
- Regular Hydration: Hydration is the key to healthy and glowing skin. In summers, our body requires plenty of water to get rid of the toxins and make our skin glow. Thus, drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated.
- Invest in Antioxidants: Investing in a serum according to your skin type can bring about a huge difference in your skin health. These serums with different antioxidants can repair your skin, protect from seasonal changes, prevent wrinkles and ageing and help reduce inflammation. Apply a few drops of serum to your face and gently massage it through.
- Tone Your Skin: A good toner is a must in summers. Toners help your skin to relax, close large pores, and keep your skin oil-free. Invest in a skin toner and watch it work wonders for your skin.
- Moisturise Your Skin: What worked for you in winters won’t work the same in summers. The needs of the skin are different in both seasons. Thus, using the same moisturiser in both summers and winters won’t help. Use a light moisturiser or a water-based moisturiser that is non-greasy. It will help your skin retain essential moisture without making it sticky.
- Fruit Diet: Consuming fruits that are rich in essential vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants will make your skin healthy even during adverse heat. Make sure to consult with your nutritionist before making changes in your diet.
Lastly, do not forget to exercise and take cold showers for a perfect relaxing experience. Exercising will maintain the blood circulation and will directly reflect on your skin!